The Ministry of Education is currently conducting parent consultations on key issues of the current government. Please consider participating in the phone or online consultation sessions. We need the voice of students with physical disabilities to be considered in any changes that are made at the Ministry of Education.
Easter Seals Ontario will also be making a written submissions and we would like to hear from you on any of the following consultation questions:
- How should we improve student performance in the disciplines of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM)? (maximum 500 words)
- How should our schools prepare students with needed job skills, such as skilled trades and coding? (maximum 500 words)
- What measures can be taken to improve provincial standardized testing? maximum 500 words)
- What more can be done to ensure students graduate high school with important life skills, including financial literacy? (maximum 500 words)
- What steps could schools take to ban cell phone use in the classroom? (maximum 500 words)
- How can we build a new age-appropriate Health and Physical Education curriculum that includes subjects like mental health, sexual health education and the legalization of cannabis? (maximum 500 words)
- What elements should be included in a Ministry of Education Parents’ Bill of Rights? (maximum 500 words)
- Do you have any other feedback or ideas? (maximum 500 words)
The Ontario government is hosting several region specific education focused telephone town halls. Space is limited and will be filled on a first-come, first served basis.
All sessions are scheduled for 90 minutes. Comments provided through the telephone town hall are anonymous. All calls will be in English, except where noted.
Telephone Town Hall Schedule: