Parent Engagement Improves student outcomes
Research has consistently shown that when parents are actively involved in with their child’s education students do better.
According to the Ontario Ministry of Education, research on parent engagement tells us that there is a direct connection between parent engagement and:
- Improved academic achievement
- More positive attitudes about school
- More success with homework
- Higher rates of high school graduation
- More consistent school attendance
- Fewer behaviour problems
- A brighter future for students at school and later in life.
The sections each include articles with tips and ideas on how you can support your child’s success: