Ministry of Education Success Strategy helps students in Grade 7 to 12 tailor their education to their individual strengths, goals and interests.
There are many new programs being rolled out across the province for students pursuing university, college, apprenticeships or the workplace after graduation.
- Specialist High Skills Majors allow students to focus on a future career through a bundle of classroom courses, workplace experiences and sector certifications.
- Expansion of Cooperative Education allows students to count this hands-on learning towards two compulsory high school credits.
- E-Learning provides students with online courses and allows teachers to share resources across the province.
- Dual Credits count towards a student’s high school diploma as well as a college certificate, diploma or apprenticeship certification.
- Think Literacy and Leading Math Success ensure teachers have the resources they need to help students build a solid foundation in reading, writing and math.
- Credit rescue and credit recovery programs help students regain lost learning to stay on track to graduate.
Find out more information at: http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/teachers/studentsuccess/strategy.html