Easter Seals Ontario would like to hear from students with disabilities and their families about the recommendation on education accessibility for Kindergarten to Grade 12. We are preparing a response to the consultation by the Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility on Education Accessibility Committee Recommendations and we need your input. The recommendations are relevant for all Easter Seals families of students in Ontario.
Easter Seals would like to hear about whether they support the recommendations or have comments about any of the recommendations. You can provide feedback by:
- completing the on-line survey, about the recommendations for Digital Learning & Technology and Physical and Architectural barriers
- sending your comments directly to Alison Morse at firstname.lastname@example.org
- registering for a Zoom focus group at 2:30pm on August 24 by contacting Alison Morse at email@example.com.
There are over 197 individual recommendations for K-12 and another 77 for transitions, and we can’t expect each of you to review and respond to all of the recommendations. To encourage your responses we have broken the recommendations into sections and will seek your feedback on the topics and intent of the recommendations. If you also have time to review the individual recommendations and provide comments that would be helpful, but not essential.
The recommendations for education K to Grade 12 can be found at these links and cover the following themes:
- attitudes, behaviours, perceptions and assumptions
- awareness and training
- curriculum, assessment and instruction
- digital learning and technology
- organizational barriers
- social realms
- physical and architectural barriers
- planning for emergencies and safety framework
- timelines and accountability
In addition, a transitions sub-committee made recommendations in the following areas: